Water/Wastewater Superintendent(Posted 09/14/2016)
The City of Paola, Kansas (pop. (5,200) is seeking applicants for a full-time
water / Wastewater Superintendent. Under the supervision of the Public Works
Director, this position directs the operation of staff of the water system and
wastewater treatment and collection facilities; oversees the maintenance and
repair of the city swimming pool.
• Minimum of five years progressively responsible experience in water systems
general construction, maintenance and repair work.
• Able to operate backhoes, loaders, skid steers.
• Able to read, understand, and maintain maps and records of water and sewer system
• High school graduate or GED.
• Possession of a valid Class B CDL driver’s license or ability to attain within six months.
• Must be able to pass pre-employment drug screen, pre-employment physical, criminal
background check and have a good driving record.
Knowledge of sewer lift stations is preferred. A motor vehicle (MVR) check will be made
to determine acceptance of past driving record.
To Apply: Application may be accessed from www.cityofpaola.com or picked up at Paola
City Hall. Application must be returned to HR Director, City of Paola, 19 E. Peoria, Paola,
KS 66071 or firstname.lastname@example.org by September 26th, 2016.
Qualified candidates may pick up an employment application at Paola City Hall and submit their resume to:
Vicki Belt, Human Resources Director
Paola City Hall
19 E Peoria, P.O. Box 409
Paola, KS 66071
Phone: (913) 259-3600
Fax: (913) 259-3610
E-mail Address: email@example.com
Please visit our Documents Center to download an application:
Employment Application (non-police positions)
Police Officer Employment Application