Volunteer Firefighter(Posted 05/12/2017)
The City of Paola has one position open for Volunteer Firefighter. This position will
answer to the administrative supervision of higher level staff. This position responds to fire alarms, hazardous materials, incidents, urban rescue and other calls to protect life and property; to participate in fire prevention and training; and maintain the station and firefighting equipment.
• Graduation from high school or GED equivalent.
• Ability to understand and follow written and oral direction and safety practices.
• Must live within one (1) mile of the Paola Fire District.
• Valid Kansas driver’s license.
• Basic CPR certificate.
• Firefighter 1 & 2 certification or ability to acquire within 1 year.
• Pre-employment drug screening required.
• Must pass criminal background check.
Closing Date: Open until filled.