- About Us
- How to Reserve an Item Online
How to Reserve an Item Online
You are always welcome to have a staff member place a hold for you in the library or you can call us on the phone during normal business hours. But if you would enjoy the convenience of placing holds by yourself you can access your account with a user name and password. The default username is your library card number. The default password is the last 4 digits of your phone number. If you would like to customize your username or password please let us know.
Using the NEXT Catalog
- Sign in on the NEXT Kansas website
- Enter your user name and password. If you are unsure of your user name or would like to change your username or password, please contact the library for assistance.
- Clicking on your name in the top right hand corner, will bring up your account. This will show you what is currently checked out on your account and give you the option to renew the items.
- Clicking the fines tab will bring up any outstanding fines or fees on your account.
Placing an Item on Hold
- Enter title or item description into the search box.
- The default is to search all NEXT libraries. If you want to search for an item in a certain library, use the drop down option to select the library.
- Press enter to search.
- Items matching your search will appear. Select the item you would like to place on hold and click on the title. Once the item's page is displayed, you should be able to see how many libraries own it and how many copies are available. Click on the "Place Hold" link to the right of the title.
- This will bring up a screen confirming your hold and asking which NEXT library you would like to pick your hold up at.
- Click on the "confirm hold" button.
- Your item will arrive in 3 to 7 business days. The library will notify via email or phone call when the item arrives.